“Feels Like Home” Colored with Soft Pastels Assortment
The new Stampin’ Up Pastels Assortment can be used in many ways to color stamped images, create backgrounds and even “dye” ribbon! This card was created using direct to paper and ribbon, sponging with sponge dauber and coloring in with blender pens.
· Feels Like Home Stamp Set (156607)
(Stamp set is free with $60 CDN purchase during August-September 2021 Sale-a-bration)
· Basic White Cardstock 8.5”x11” (159276)
· Calypso Coral Cardstock 8.5”x11” (122925)
· Blackberry Bliss Cardstock 8.5”x11” (133675)
Designer Series Paper:
· You’re A Peach 12”x12” Designer Series Paper (155686)
Stamp Pad(s) and Ink(s):
· Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad (132708)
· Soft Pastels Assortment (154585): Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape, Mango Melody, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Poppy Parade
Dies and Embossing Folder(s):
· Stitched Rectangle Dies (151820) (Optional: cut cardstock to size with trimmer if you do not have the dies)
· White Ribbon from Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack (153620)
· Opal Rounds (154289)
· Stamparatus or Clear Blocks b, d, e (E necessary and can use for image and sentiment)
· Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (if using dies)
· Blender Pens (144107), sponge daubers
· Take Your Pick tool (144107)
· Silicone Craft Sheet (127853)
· Paper trimmer/scoring tool; bone folder; paper snips
· Adhesives: Stampin’ Seal or Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin’ Dimensionals
● Blackberry Bliss Cardstock: 5.5”x8.5” scored at 4.25”
● Basic White Cardstock: 4.25”x3; 2.75”x.75” (these are minimum measurements: be sure to have enough room to stamp and die cut)
● Bumblebee Cardstock:5”x3” for die cut
● Designer Series Paper: 5.25”x4”
1 1. Prepare
card base by cutting and scoring Blackberry Bliss cardstock as noted in the
2. Stamp image on larger piece of basic white cardstock and stamp greeting on smaller piece using Memento ink.
3. Cut the image and greeting with rectangular dies or trim image to 4”x2.5” and greeting to .5”x2.5”
4. Starting with the Poppy Parade pastel rub lightly direct to paper and blend with sponge daubers.
5. Using the spatula end of the Take Your Pick tool scrape off a bit of each chalk into a tray or onto the silicone craft sheet.
6. With lightly damp blender pen pick up some of the Mossy Meadow and using dabbing motions colour the large tree.
7. Clean blender pen on scratch paper or silicone craft sheet and pick up other colours to fill in plants, baskets and bike seat as desired using small strokes and dabs cleaning blender pen nib between each colour.
8. Colour in the door with Daffodil Delight stroking up and down the planks. Colour the walkway with Mango Melody stroking front and back along the lines (not across). Fill in window with Night of Navy with blender pen stroking along the lines in the image.
9. Take blender pen and pick up Poppy Parade pastel to dab around the brick area to make it appear darker in spots to contrast with the lighter colour behind.
10. Run the Poppy Parade pastel stick along the edge of the stamped image to frame it.
11. With a sponge dauber pick up some Mango Melody pastel and rub across greeting strip. Run the Poppy Parade pastel along the edge of the greeting strip to frame as you did for the image section.
12. Take the Daffodil Delight pastel and rub along the ribbon firmly until you achieve desired colour. Glue the ribbon along the DSP so it will be between the image and the greeting.
13. Glue the DSP to the card base and the image to the Bumblebee die cut cardstock (if not using the dies, trim the Bumblebee to 4.25”x3”).
14. Place the image section above the ribbon and the image below the ribbon using dimensionals to pop them up.
15. Place the Opal Rounds around the image as desired.
· Calypso Coral Cardstock 8.5”x11” (122925) for card base
· Bumblebee Cardstock 8.5”x11” (153077) for the piece behind the image
· Sweet Symmetry Designer Series Paper (155605)
· Embellishments are 2020-2022 In Color Square Gems (155572)
If you don’t have this stamp set, this technique would work with any similar image that is a “scene”. It is one way to use these Soft Pastels to create beautiful unique pieces of art for your cards and scrapbook pages. Stay tuned for later posts on more ways to use them.
If you live in Canada and don't already have a demonstrator, I would be happy to send you a catalogue and a card! Maybe this card!
Click here to shop for these products: Feels Like Home Shopping List
For weekly deals and other news, join my Facebook Group: Heritage Stamp Arts https://www.facebook.com/groups/HeritageStampArts
Check out all the projects by the Stamping with Friends Blog Hop on Coloring:Libby Fens
Kelly Place Taranto
Click this image, to go to the next project: